LunarPhase Pro 3.18 - User Guide and FAQ
Screenshots - More Details
- Graphically displays the current phase of the moon in real time
- Displays the times and dates of the major lunar phases for the month
- Displays the illuminated fraction of the lunar disk as a percentage in real time
- Displays the current age of the moon (since the last New Moon) and its distance from Earth in real time
- Provides realtime position of the moon in both RA/Dec and Alt/Az coordinates
- Provides the moon's parallax and its visible diameter (in arcminutes) in real time
- Displays a calendar of lunar phases for each day in the selected month
- Displays lunar librations in latitude and longitude corrected for your location (Topocentric)
- Displays monthly lunar libration diagrams for both Geocentric and Topocentric viewpoints
- Displays Selenographic CoLongitude and Position Angle of the moon's Axis
- Find times and dates for similar illumination at a feature
- Find out if the Moon interferes with observation of meteor showers
- Displays a list of sunrise and sunset times at various lunar features (both near-side and far-side) for the month
- Provides a database of lunar features which is used in the calculation of sunrise and sunset at those lunar features. 9,264 lunar features are provided with the software
- Includes a Lunar Explorer which displays the moon in Spherical or Mercator projections
- Far-side and North/South Polar features can also be viewed and identified
- Graphical display of lunar librations showing how the moon wobbles over the course of a month
- Lunar features can be identified on the moon map by clicking anywhere on the map
- Lunar features can be identified on the moon map by selecting a feature from 22 distinct lists of lunar feature types
- The Lunar Explorer also lists which lunar features are currently on the moon's terminator
- Includes Real Chart outlines and list of features on those charts
- Emulate the view through your telescope with information you provide
- View 3 mineral maps, a gravity map and a Clementine image map
- Link images to specific lunar features and record your observations
- If you've bought a property/land on the Moon, record its position and see where it is on the moon maps. Link to satellite images that contain your plot
- Displays a Lunar Visibility diagram for the month showing when the moon is above the horizon and how bright the moon is
- Displays a Daily View diagram for the moon showing when the sun and moon are above the horizon and hourly Azimuth and Altitude figures
- Calculates the times and dates of the next Apogee and Perigee
- Calculates the Position Angle of the moon's bright limb in real time
- Calculates the moon's Phase Angle in real time
- Calculates and displays Moon's Rise, Set and Transit times
- Calculates the circumstances of lunar eclipses and whether they're visible from your location
- Calculates the dates of lunar eclipses between two given years
- Displays the names of Full Moons throughout the year, including Blue Moons [second full moon in a month]
- Set the time and date to that of a major lunar phase (New Moon, First Quarter, etc.) by clicking on the phase icon or phase date and time
- Set the time and date to that of an eclipse by clicking on the eclipse date in the eclipse details window
- Set the time and date to any desired date by changing the time, date, month or year as required.
- Blue moons are indicated by a blue full-moon icon in the major phases window.
- View the Moon's orientation as it appears in the sky (parallactic angle)
- Download the latest new about the Moon from the internet.
- View very high resolution maps of the moon.
- Provides realtime position of the Sun in Alt/Az and RA/Dec co-ordinates in real time
- Calculates and displays Sun's Rise, Set and Transit times
- Displays a Daily View diagram for the sun showing when it's above the horizon and hourly Azimuth and Altitude figures
- Displays the positions on the horizon of the rising and setting sun for the selected date
- Calculates and displays Start and End times for Civil, Nautical and Astronomical Twilight
- Calendar printout for the selected month which includes for each day: the lunar phase (graphically), lunar rise/set/transit times, solar rise/set/transit times and the times and dates of the major lunar phases in the month. The user selects which of these appears on the printout.
- Tabular printout of all lunar, solar and twilight data.
- Printout of Lunar Visibility diagram.
- Printout of Daily View diagram and data.
- Printout of Lunar Libration charts, images and data.
- Printout moon maps from the Lunar Explorer screen.
- Data for any date can be generated using inbuilt calendar
- Selection of any time during the day, including reset to current time and date
- View moon as seen through binoculars, an astronomical telescope or a telescope that uses a diagonal
- Day order on calendar can be changed
- Tabular function provides a list of lunar rise/set/transit times, moon's illuminated fraction, solar rise/set/transit times and Start/End times for Civil, Nautical and Astronomical Twilight for the selected month on one comprehensive screen
- Displays Local Sidereal Time
- Provides links to online lunar websites
- Popup window displays Day Number, Week Number (and Day No./Week No. in ISO format), Julian Day, number of days until Christmas and the equivalent date in the Muslim Calendar
- A popup window shows the times and dates of the Equinoxes and Solstices of the selected year, and their durations.
- Displays the date of Easter Sunday for the selected year.
- Provides support for Southern Hemisphere observers.
- The display can be changed to support the view as seen through different optical configurations
- Data for multiple observing sites can be stored so you can easily switch between them
- LunarPhase, when active, resides in the System Traybar on your Windows Taskbar.
Screenshots - More Details