LanToucher Instant Messenger 2.3
Powerful P2P communication software compatible with almost all OS.
|File Size:||2,024 KB
|License:||Free to try ($11.55)
||Requirements:||Lan, Messenger service, WinPopup-compatible mailer
Designed as a "net send" and WinPopup replacement, LanToucher provides
compatibility with Microsoft Windows popular (Windows 95/98/ME), Messenger
service / 'net send' (Windows NT4/2000/XP/Server 2003) and Samba client
LanToucher takes up minimal memory and network resources. Since LanToucher
can run in the background or your system tray while you work with other
programs, it is not always in your face or covering them. The message
window pops up when someone sends you a message, then you can read the
message, reply to it and hit ENTER, or minimize the program and let it
stay in the system tray.
You can always restore the program by clicking the tray icon or pressing
the CTRL+` keys at the same time. This will give you a better view of
your contact list and other useful options. This is a very handy feature
for multitaskers whose screens are cluttered with applications. Newer
messages are placed in the bottom of the message history box of LanToucher
while the old ones go up. This is a great feature as it allows you to
keep track of what has been said.
- Proven cross-platform compatibility LanToucher Instant Messenger
is fully compatible with Messenger service / 'net send' (Windows NT/2000/XP/Server
2003), WinPopup messenger (Windows 3.x/95/98/Me), Samba smbclient
(Unix/Linux) and a broad range of compatible instant messengers based
on the standard SMB/CIFS protocol.
- All 32-bit Windows versions support LanToucher Instant Messenger
supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows
NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 operating
- Low memory and network bandwidth usage Unlike most fancy
messaging applications, LanToucher Instant Messenger needs less than
8 megabytes of RAM and generates minimal network traffic.
- True peer-to-peer (serverless) connectivity LanToucher Instant
Messenger does not require a dedicated messaging server, so users
can communicate directly with one another.
- LAN-only messaging without file transfer ability
LanToucher Instant Messenger does not require an Internet connection to operate
and does not provide a file transfer option. Therefore it is absolutely
immune to hacker attacks, viruses, and other security threats inherent
to Internet messengers.
- Multiprotocol support LanToucher Instant Messenger works
perfectly over any available network transport protocol (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX,
- Terminal Services/Remote Desktop support LanToucher Instant
Messenger is compatible with TS and RDP allowing multiple Terminal
Server users/Remote Desktop users to contact each other and other
network users freely.
- Feature-rich user interface While the default options should
work fine for most users, LanToucher Instant Messenger offers you
dozens of various options you may want to adjust to suit your particular
- Contact List (ActiveList) It is pretty easy to add, remove
your contacts, see whether a person is online or not, send messages
to multiple contacts at once, or optionally ignore computers not in
your ActiveList. From the ActiveList menu you can easily customize
your contacts' settings such as picture/portrait, sounds, message
font color and other contact-specific settings.
- Advanced sound and visual notification With the original
LanToucher sound notification scheme in conjunction with visual notification
you will never miss your important messages and other vital events.
- User Macros and Status Messages Instantaneous access to your
predefined message templates and status/away messages by a hot key
or two mouse clicks.
- Automatic Message Forwarding This enables you to automatically
forward all incoming messages to another user or computer on your
network when you are away from your computer.
- Advanced Messenger service support (Windows NT4/2000/XP/Server
2003) This feature fully controls the state of the Messenger service.
Unlike other compatible instant messengers for intranets, LanToucher
Instant Messenger pauses the service at startup, and restarts it on
exit so that you could still receive messages using the Messenger
service before logging on, after logging off, and while at the Welcome
screen (Windows XP).
Lantoucher Instant Messenger is a effective tool
of net chat, it supports peer-to-peer communicate. You can chat with this
tool in real time.
Since LanToucher can run in the background or your system tray while you
work with other programs, it is not always in your face or covering them.
Besides, it needs less than 8 megabytes of RAM and generates minimal network
a comment for this software ]
No user comments at present!
- PopMessenger - LAN-based instant messaging system allowing for immediate rich text message and files delivery over corporate network
- Yahoo Message Archive Decoder Pro - View other's conversation, SMS and private message, decode dat files to formatted HTML or text.
- KidSplorer - A specifically designed web browser for children to be away from those inappropriate websites.
- 1st Webcollector - It is a multi-threads software product for downloading all pictures and any other kinds of files specified by extension from a website.
- Total Privacy - Download Total Privacy to protect your privacy by eliminating all hidden evidence and history of activities on your computer.
- Pop-Up Stopper Anti-Spyware - Block, scan for or completely remove every spyware and adware file on your system!
- Easy File Sharing FTP Server - It is a very easy to use FTP Server application and can help share files with your friends and colleagues
- Chat Watch Professional - A powerful instant message monitoring software which can recorder other's chat message.
- LAN Chat Enterprise - the system of instant messaging and transmissions of files for office, firm, educational institution.
- MessengerLog 5 Pro - Automatically recording everything from MSN messenger,Suitable for parent controls and company to record custom supports which is provided via MSN messengers.