DownShift is a Download Accelerator and Manager program to help you download files from the Internet.
|File Size:||2,831 KB
|License:||Free to try ($25)
DownShift is a Download Manager program to help you download files from the Internet. It allows you to resume a download if your connection is interrupted by kinds of reasons. This makes downloading your files much easier and faster.
DownShift has many other more advanced features to help you download the files - from re-dialing the modem automatically to turning off the computer when it is done getting the files (so you can just leave it alone to do the work!) You can even set a time when it should dial the modem to get the files...so it can do all the work in the middle of the night while you sleep.
There are too many other features to list here.
- Handles it better if the DownShift folder isn't writeable (for a user account, etc.) and does better with multiple user accounts, especially if an account is has limited access.
- Fixed HTTPS with proxy servers, including proxy servers that need logins.
- A little tweaking to try and improve page processing speed for Synchronizer.
- Changed the "*.LOG" file format to make it much more readable.
- Made it better at getting the right login form for web pages with more than one form.
- Added so Download Status shows the % and total sizes for selected items (so can select a bunch of files and see what the total size is, etc.)
- Handles things better when getting to the end of a segmented download. If a mirror with a significantly faster transfer speed is known and the last chunk will take more than a couple minutes, DownShift will switch to that mirror.
- Improved "close with browser" so it recognizes many more web browsers (Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, Netcaptor, etc.)
- Changed things so if DownShift can't remove the .DownShift from a file when it is finish, it will be removed when you reboot--so will get the name right eventually.
- Skip getting file date from FTP if Norton Internet Security is installed; it incorrectly thinks the message DownShift sends is a Denial of Service attack and stops DownShift.
- Added tiny ToDownShift.exe program that just passes a URL on the command line to DownShift. It is much faster than doing the same by running DownShift.exe. For some click monitoring from Opera and the DownloadWith Mozilla plugin.
- Move some of the less commonly used config menus under the Advanced branch.
DownShift manages and accelerates your downloading speed from the Internet. Its main feature is that supports resuming a download. Therefore, you can restart the download in the middle to get rest of the file, without having to restart from the beginning.
DownShift sits in your tray icons waiting to begin any downloads usually. On the internet, it introduces several tips to help you get the fastest downloads possible. The key is to find Mirrors (URLs).
[ Write a comment for this software ]
No user comments at present!
- CaptureSaver - CaptureSaver is a software program for capturing your need information.
- GetRight - GetRight is a Download Manager program to help you download files from the Internet.
- Internet Image Browser - A Picture download manager with a powerful image browser is the best choice for creating image collections!
- ReGet Deluxe - ReGet Deluxe is a powerful download manager for professional users.
- ReGet Pro - It is a fast, small and user-friendly utility that downloads files from the Internet more efficiently.
- WebCloner - WebCloner can do all these tasks for you, better and faster than the expensive programs you have used before.
- iNET Grabber - Improved filter editor, improved expression evaluator, improved support for multiple pages processing.
- Advanced Pic Hunter - Advanced Pic Hunter is the tool for view, searching and downloading images from the Internet.
- Download Druid - Add mass download option to your Internet Explorer.
- HiDownload - HiDownload is the leading download manager that downloads streaming media.