Internet Download Accelerator 4.4 - User Guide and FAQ
Screenshots - More Details
Frequently Asked Questions - Internet Download Accelerator
- IDA won't download files. What should I do?
If IDA won't download any files there may be one of the following causes:
- no connection. Check if there is access to the Internet from other programs, for example from your browser;
- access to the Internet is blocked by firewall or, sometimes, anti-virus. In this case you have to adjust your firewall settings so that IDA has permission to access the Internet, or check if your anti-virus settings allow programs on your computer to access the network (for example, network access is sometimes blocked when the safest settings are enabled in anti-virus software);
- proxy-server is not specified. Check proxy-server settings in IDA -> Options -> Proxy settings. You can try to disable "Use proxy-server settings from MS Internet Explorer" option if it is enabled;
- proxy-server specified incorrectly. Check proxy-server settings in IDA -> Options -> Proxy settings.
- IDA won't download a particular file. What should I do?
If IDA won't download some particular file only there may one of the following causes:
- no connection to the specified server. Try to download later;
- invalid proxy-server or proxy-server is temporarily unavailable. Check proxy-server settings for this download (Download properties) or for server (Site manager);
- probably specified incorrect download address(URL). Check download link.
- Is integration to Maxthon/MyIE2 (IE) browser possible?
Integration to MyIE2 is possible. You only have to enable it.
For that do the following:
1. Run MyIE2 and choose Options -> MyIE2 Options... -> Advanced. Then set the "Enable IE Plugin Support" flag. Then click "Ok" and close MyIE2.
2. Run MyIE2 once again and choose Options -> MyIE2 Options...->Advanced -> IE Plugin. And in the list which will appear on the left make the "IE 4.x-6.x BHO for IDA" plugin active. The rest of plugins you can disable. Click "Ok".
3. Restart MyIE2 and enjoy intercepting downloads the same as in Microsoft Internet Explorer!
- How to enable NetCaptor (IE) integration?
To enable NetCaptor intergration please do the following:
1. Run IDA, open Downloads->Settings... enable "Integration with Microsoft Internet Explorer (ver. 4.x-6.x or above)".
2. Run NetCaptor, open Tools -> NetCaptor Options -> General and enable "Load Browser Helper Objects".
3. Restart NetCaptor.
After this operation integration should work like in IE.
- How to enable integration in Mozilla Firefox, Firebird or Phoenix (Mozilla)?
To enable phoenix integration please do the following:
1. Locate the npida.dll in the IDA's folder and just copy it into the ...\phoenix\plugins\ folder.
2. Restart Phoenix.
Done. Now the integration should work just like in Netscape/Mozilla.
- How to enable browser integration for NeoPlanet?
To enable browser integration you must disable the internal loader. To disable the internal loader please do the following:
1. Press F2 and then select the "IDA" item;
2. Please uncheck the "Enable NeoPlanet download manager" option.
Now the integration should work just like in IE.
Screenshots - More Details