Detailed Description of Gimp 2.8.0
GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. Gimp is used to edit and manipulate images. GIMP can load and save a variety of image formats and can be used to convert between formats.
GIMP can also be used as a paint program. Gimp features a set of drawing and painting tools such as airbrush, clone, pencil, and paint brush. Painting and drawing tools can be applied to an image with a variety of paint modes. Gimp also offers an extensive array of selection tools like rectangle, ellipse, fuzzy select, bezier select, intelligent scissors, and select by color. GIMP is expandable and extensible. It offers a variety of plug-ins that perform a variety of image manipulations. Examples include bumpmap, edge detect, gaussian blur, and many others.
GIMP Key features:
* Customizable Interface - Each task requires a different environment and GIMP allows you to customize the view and behavior the way you like it. Starting from the widget theme, allowing you to change colors, widget spacings and icon sizes to custom tool sets in the toolbox. The interface is modulized into so called docks, allowing you to stack them into tabs or keep them open in their own window.
* Photo Enhancement - Numerous digital photo imperfections can be easily compensated for using GIMP. Fix perspective distortion caused by lens tilt simply choosing the corrective mode in the transform tools.
* Digital Retouching - GIMP is ideal for advanced photo retouching techniques. Get rid of unneeded details using the clone tool, or touch up minor details easily with the new healing tool.
* Hardware Support - GIMP includes a very unique support for various input devices out of the box. Pressure and tilt sensitive tablets, but also a wide range of USB or MIDI controllers.
* File Formats - The file format support ranges from the common likes of JPEG (JFIF), GIF, PNG, TIFF to special use formats such as the multi-resolution and multi-color-depth Windows icon files.
Gimp is designed for:
WinXP,Win2000,WinServer,WinVista,WinVista x64,Win7 x32,