Detailed Description of AVIRA Antivirus for Linux Desktop v.1.1.3
AVIRA Desktop for Linux is a superior antivirus solution, especially created to offer a virus-free Linux environment, for home and network users worldwide.
- Automatic updates of the virus signatures database and of the antivirus engine;
- Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., AVIRA detects Adware & Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools;
- On-access virus protection, employing the Dazuko kernel module on Linux platforms;
- Command line scanner (on-demand): configurable antivirus scanning for all known malware types;
- Runs silently in the background, immediately blocking the access to the infected files;
- Extended protection against known or yet undiscovered viruses, due to advanced heuristics;
- Detailed reports, warnings and notifications (available for both admins and users);
- Enhanced protection against unknown boot-sector viruses, issuing alerts for boot sectors suspicious formats;
- Optional user-friendly graphic interface, using the free additional module TKAVIRA";
- Professional services: the AVIRA license entitles you to an entire year of free virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals.
Designed for Linux platforms with 2.2 Kernel versions and glibc 2.2 or higher, AVIRA Desktop for Linux incorporates different antivirus modules, thus offering you the possibility to enjoy a virus-free protected Linux environment.
It offers permanent antivirus protection by smoothly monitoring your system's active processes and blocking malware (all sorts of viruses, Trojans, backdoors, worms etc.) from damaging your most valuable data. You can make your own decisions and set the type of action to take on the infected files: isolate, disinfect, remove.
AVIRA logs all important actions and can send relevant notifications, including ema
AVIRA Antivirus for Linux Desktop is designed for:
AVIRA Antivirus for Linux Desktop has the following requirements :
18MB free harddisk space; 32MB free memory space (64 MB recommended); Dazuko kernel module (http://d