Detailed Description of Z-Cron 4.8
With the Z-Cron program you can plan the execution of commands, programs or scripts, at particular times, i.e. you can have tasks on your PC run automatically on schedule by Z-Cron. Z-Cron is a central coordinating point for the scheduling or automation of software. Z-Cron can also be installed a system service. A system service is a program that starts automatically when Windows was booted, and runs in the background until Windows is shut down. With the Z-Cron scheduler you can have programs of all kinds started automatically by the system even if no user is logged in - for example nightly data backups with Z-DATdump.
Possible scheduled tasks are for example:
* Starting and stopping of applications (also with parameters).
* Calling or saving of Websites.
* Loading documents.
* Starting, stopping and monitoring system services (professional version).
* Copying files and directories.
* Deleting files and directories
* Cleanup of directories.
* Archiving and compressing files and directories.
* Switching computers in a network on or off.
* Automated switching of electrical devices, e.g. with Z-USBswitch.
* Establishing and disconnecting internet/VPN connections (Modem/ISDN).
These tasks can be started automatically at the following points in time (also in 5 minute intervals):
* Daily (every x days).
* Weekly (every x weeks at a weekday you can choose).
* Monthly (at the x calendar day or the x weekday of a month).
* After the system startup.
You can use Z-Cron scheduler in many different ways, for example:
* Regular data backup (for example with Z-DataDVD or Z-DATdump).
* Automatic switching of electrical equipment or devices (for example with Z-ParSwitch).
* Automatic FTP data transfer (for example with Z-FTPcopyII).
* Verifying volume integrity
* Virus scans
Z-Cron is designed for: