Detailed Description of EasyPHP 6.0
EasyPHP is a complete package allowing to use all the power and the flexibility that offers the dynamic language PHP. Package includes an Apache server, a MySQL database, PHPMyAdmin as well as easy development tools for web sites and applications.
We are not really running EasyPHP as such: we are really a starting up Apache and MySQL. After installation, a short cut to EasyPHP is created in the directory "Start/Programs/EasyPHP". When EasyPHP is launched, an icon appears beside the clock.
A right-click gives access to various menus:
* Help: help on EasyPHP
* Log Files: record errors generated by Apache, MySQL and EasyPHP
* Configuration: gives access to various configuration tools
* Explorer: open the directory "www" in Windows Explorer
* Administration : opens the administration page
* Web local : opens local web
* Restart : restarts Apache and MySQL
* Start/Stop : Starts/Stops Apache and MySQL
* Quit : closes EasyPHP
Use the directory "www" or an alias
You must place your files either in the directory "www" or an alias that you have created, so that PHP can interpret your PHP pages. To view your pages, select "local Web" or an Alias on the "Administration" page.
EasyPHP is designed for: