Detailed Description of XDoclet 1.2.3
XDoclet is an open source code generation engine. XDoclet enables Attribute-Oriented Programming for java. In short, this means that you can add more significance to your code by adding meta data (attributes) to your java sources. This is done in special JavaDoc tags.
XDoclet will parse your source files and generate many artifacts such as XML descriptors and/or source code from it. These files are generated from templates that use the information provided in the source code and its JavaDoc tags.
Here are some benefits you'll gain when using XDoclet:
* Cut Redundant Work. XDoclet helps you to eliminate redundant or "boiler plate" work. Code your business logic and let XDoclet generate the necessary boiler plate and support code for it.
* J2EE Made Easy. XDoclet's advanced code generation features makes it easier to code J2EE applications. You write the enterprise bean implementation and XDoclet generates interfaces, value objects, struts forms and much, much more for you. XDoclet follows many widely recognized J2EE patterns.
* Support for Leading Servers and Tools. XDoclet comes bundled with modules for all the leading application servers: JBoss, BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Oracle IAS, Orion, Borland, MacroMedia JRun, Jonas, Pramati, Sybase EAServer and many more. Supported tools: Castor, Hibernate, several JDO vendors, Struts, WebWork, MockObjects and many more.
* Extensible. XDoclet's modular design makes it easy for you to write your own modules. Identify repeatable or boiler plate code in your application and write XDoclet templates to generate them.
* Open, Distributed Development. XDoclet is developed by a group of experts around the world and distributed under a flexible BSD license. Avoid vendor lock-ins by using XDoclet. Also, the distributed character of XDoclet development makes sure that it will satisfy the needs of most users instead of a single vendor interest.
XDoclet is designed for:
WinXP,Win2000,WinVista,WinVista x64,Linux,Mac OS X,Unix