Detailed Description of Geany 0.20
Geany is a text editor using the GTK2 toolkit with basic features of an integrated development environment. Geany was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few dependencies from other packages. Geany supports many filetypes and has some nice features.
Basic Features of Geany:
* Syntax highlighting
* Code folding
* Symbol name auto-completion
* Construct completion/snippets
* Auto-closing of XML and HTML tags
* Call tips
* Many supported filetypes including C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal (full list)
* Symbol lists
* Code navigation
* Build system to compile and execute your code
* Simple project management
* Plugin interface
Highlights of Geany:
* Implement a graphical toolbar editor.
* Add 'Replace' toolbar button
* Implement Most-Recently-Used document switching when pressing 'Switch to last used document' keybinding (Ctrl-Tab).
* Add 'Reflow lines/block' keybinding, (Ctrl-J).
* Support 'tab indents, space aligns' style when indenting.
* Add 'Autocomplete all words in document' pref; also used when forcing autocompletion and there's no symbol names to show.
* Reload color schemes via Tools menu.
* Implement named styles support for filetypes.
* using a filetypes.common [named_styles] section; used as "style=named_style,bold". (See the manual for details).
* Allow indentation of wrapped lines (see style 'line_wrap_indent').
* Add Markdown filetype.
* Minor improvements for filetypes: Fortran, Haxe, HTML, Lua, Matlab, Pascal, Python, Tcl
* Added translations: lb, sl, pt_PT
* Updated translations: ca, cs, de, en_GB, fi, fr, ja, pt_BR, ru, tr
Geany is designed for: