Photo DVD Maker Professional 6.32 - User Guide and FAQ
Screenshots - More Details
Frequently Asked Questions - Photo DVD Maker Professional
- What is the resolution of my photos shown on TV?
The Photo DVD Maker professional version supports DVD, SVCD, VCD 2.0 still picture as the output format. Please refer to the following video file comparison. Normally, the DVD output is the best in terms of the DVD player compatibility.
- Can I create more than one albums?
Yes, you can have multiple albums, each with unlimited photos. You need to use the multi-album feature in Photo DVD Maker as follows:
1. In the "Organize Photos" window, click the "New Album" button. There will be a pop-up window where you need to input the album name.
2. Select photos and add photos to the selected album.
3. Repeat above steps to add more slideshows.
- Can I loop my slideshows?
Yes. You may use the Navigation Control option to loop slideshow you have created. For example, after you create some photo albums, you may select the Navigation Control option according to the following steps.
1. Click the menu View->Options. There will be a popup window to set up the options for the whole project.
2. Select the After Playback option and choose the Continue to play the next clip (Loop) from the pull-down box.
3. This option enables automatically playback of all slideshows you have created.
- How many photos can be added to the slideshows?
Photo DVD Maker uses MPEG encoder. Since the output file is MPEG2 format, the capability depends on the number of photos, interval time between photos and the background music length. The program can calculate the disc space used when photos or background music are added into slideshows. There is no limitation with the photo numbers for each slideshow. The only limitation is the disc space of your DVD-R or DVD-RW disc. Normally, One 4.7G DVD-R disc can holds more than 1,000 photos with background music.
- Why there are no transition effects when playing on TV?
Photo DVD Maker professional version supports DVD, SVCD, VCD 2.0 still picture as the output format. Please select SVCD or DVD as the output disc format if you need the transition effects. If you select the Still picture as the output format, there will be no transition effects available. The High Resolution Still Picture format makes photos look great on TV (resolution is as high as 704x576). To support this kind of high quality image format on TV with DVD player, the layout of files on CD is not the same as that of the normal video CD which can be played like a movie on TV or computer. This is the reason why this output format does not support transition effects.
- Can I modify or add new templates of the Disc Menu by myself?
Yes. But it needs patience. In the current version of Photo DVD Maker, user can only change the font, text, and background images of the menu template. Our future version will let users make their own disc menu more conveniently. We will also put more templates on our website. With the current version, you may try to modify the templates by the following steps.
1. Go to template folder under the set up folder of Photo DVD Maker(Normally, it is at C:\Program Files\Photo DVD Maker\template).
You will find some .xml files (they are text files, you can open them with any edit tools.) and some sub-directories with the same name.
You can see that there are so many parameters for the .xml file. So, it's not easy to create your own templates with correct position shown on your TV.
For example, to disable the page title such as "1/2" in the menu, you need to find the content of in the .xml file and change it to
2. Save the .xml file and select the template again.
- Why my VCD or DVD Player does not recognize the burned CD or DVD disc?
The reason why some burned CD or DVD discs cannot be played on your DVD/VCD player is due to the "Read" ability of your DVD/VCD player. Please make sure your DVD/VCD player supports VCD 2.0 format, SVCD format. Even so, according to our test, some models of DVD/VCD player (normally, old models) do not support some particular brand names of burned CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW disc (worse for DVD+R/RW disc). If this is your case, please use another brand name of blank CD-R or DVD-R disc with the lowest write speed to have a try.
- Why the size of my photos is only the quarter of the screen on TV?
When the photo is only the quarter of the screen on TV, you must be seeing the disc menu. Every disc menu selects the first photo of your photo slideshow you've prepared in the first step. When you see the main disc menu, please remember to press the digital button (1, 2, 3,..) on your DVD player's remote control to play the corresponding slide shows.
Screenshots - More Details