Xilisoft AVI MPEG Converter 3.1 - User Guide and FAQ
Screenshots - More Details
How to use Xilisoft AVI MPEG Converter
- Use "ADD" button on the main window or "ADD" in the "File" menu to select your original file first, and then open the folder where your original files are located.
- Select a file or several files. The file(s) you highlighted will be loaded after you click "Open". Here, you can view relevant info of those files. The software detects the "Duration" and "Type" of the loaded files automatically, and also some advanced info, such as the video and audio codec, which are shown in the certain location after you highlight it.
- Use "Remove" button to remove the loaded file which you highlight; "Clear" button to clear all the files you selected. Those buttons can also be found in the "File" menu.
Frequently Asked Questions - Xilisoft AVI MPEG Converter
- I want to change some settings for my conversion. Where can I found them?
All the settings of the software can be found in the right panel of the main interface. After you highlight the file you load and select the output format, the adjustable settings will be active, such as the "Frame Rate", "Sample Rate", "Video/Audio Bit rate" and so on. Some of them are dropdown lists and some of them can be changed just by entering a concrete number.
- My output file is out of sync. How to solve it?
Please lower down the video bit rate to have a try. It can be found on the right panel of the software. You also can solve it by adjusting the frame rate.
- I want to convert my 3gp files to MPEG1/2, but I got a "Fail" after I clicked "Encode".
You have to change some settings to make the Encoder work. For example, change "sample rate" as "44100", "Frame Rate" as "29.97" or another concrete number. If the target file has no sound, you need to change "Audio Channel" to "Stereo".
- Why do some of my AVI files can not be converted to MPEG1/2 and just get "Fail" info?
AVI files might be created with lots of different video codec. We found that AVI files with mjpeg codec have the problem mentioned. You also need to change some settings to make the software work. You'd better set "frame rate" as 29.97, "Sample Rate" as "44100" to have a try.
- I just want to make a clip of the conversion. How can I set it?
You need to set the "Start Time" and "Duration" of the conversion. You should enter the second of the starting point you like by "00:00:00" and then enter the concrete length of the convention. But you must count your length by second. For example, if you want to convert clip of 1 minute and 20 seconds, you should enter "80s" in the "Duration".
Screenshots - More Details