NetChat is a private and secure peer-to-peer instant messaging software for the local network.
|File Size:||1,190 KB
|License:||Free to try ($29.95)
NetChat is an peer-to-peer local network instant messaging and communications
system for Windows.
It is a peer-to-peer secure instant messaging solution for a local network.
Private instant messaging has never been so easy! A complete secure system
for your local office or home network - including features found in all
the commercial public systems: emoticons, clipboard text sharing, private
messages, current user status, message logging and more!
It does not require the installation or administration of a server component
- simply install on each computer and NetChat does the rest by automatically
locating each installation on your network.
- Instant Messaging for the small/home office network
NetChat provides a peer-to-peer solution for instant messaging for the small or home office. Using an interface similar to the popular Instant Messaging software, NetChat provides the same features within the confines of a local network. NetChat is the ultimate computer communication tool for the SOHO network!
- Similar features to Yahoo, AOL and MSN Messenger programs, without the security issues
NetChat provides network instant messaging similar to the bigger, public chat applications, but on your own private network. There is no fear of a virus or other outside access as NetChat runs entirely in the confines of your own secure network.
- Can be used as an electronic office in/out board
See when other users are in the office and available. Helps keep track of employees in a small office.
- Safe, Secure and Private Communications
Using standard protocols, we have devised a closed system of communication within a local network. Even on a local network using private addresses, NetChat can allow users to communication without the threat of incoming data from the real world.
- Customizable preset text messages
Version 2.0 allows you to configure preset messages which allows less typing when sending messages.
- Message logging
Version 2.5 allows your message history to be saved to a file. This feature is great when you want to refer back to a previous conversation to reference a message.
- True Peer-to-Peer Networking
With NetChat, you do not need a dedicated server computer or software to communicate. NetChat operates completely in a peer-to-peer mode, allowing efficient communication directly between users on a network. There is no server, so each message goes directly from sender to receiver, without having to be routed through a central computer on the network.
- One-on-one network conversations with other users
Simple, direct network communications that allows one-on-one private instant message communication with another user on your local network. The conversation data can be encrypted, ensuring that even on your local network no one is able to sniff and decipher your private messages.
- Does not require Outlook components
NetChat is completely independent of any other software requirements on your PC. The only thing that is needed is a local area network running the TCP/IP protocol.
- No Direct Internet Connection Required
NetChat works completely on a local Ethernet network using the TCP/IP protocol. However, it does not need a connection to the Internet. If you do have an Internet connection, NetChat works on your local subnet, so it will not be accessible from the "outside world."
- Easy to Use
Getting started with NetChat is very easy - just install the software on two or more computers on the same local network and you will be prompted for some user settings. You may then begin instant messaging in real-time with other users.
- Feature rich configuration settings
NetChat offers many features found in the large on-line systems, including the ability to customize your user name and appearance icons.
- Network requirements
NetChat uses the TCP/IP protocol and works with fixed or dynamic IP addresses on an Ethernet network. Any Windows 98/ME/2000/XP PC with a network card and configured for a local network will be able to run this software. Each computer will be identified to others based on a custom user name from the IP address of each computer. Since no two computers can have identical IP addresses on a network (or subnet), each client is assured to be unique. NetChat can work with network PCs which have fixed (static) or dynamically assigned IP addresses.
NetChat is a peer-to-peer secure instant messaging solution for a local
network. It does not require a server for use and allows the ability to
chat in real-time instant messaging on a secure, private local network.
Each user simply needs to enter their preferred user name and NetChat
does the rest. It supports encryption of sent messages, display offline
users, share clipboard text data and emoticons.
a comment for this software ]
No user comments at present!
- FTP Explorer - FTP Explorer looks and acts very much like the Windows Explorer, offering a fun and easy way to transfer files.
- Febooti Command line email - Powerful and useful email sending tool compartible with most email client
- Im-Snif - A sniffer of ICQ, AIM, IRC and email messages across a LAN in real-time.
- LAN Chat Enterprise - the system of instant messaging and transmissions of files for office, firm, educational institution.
- LanToucher Instant Messenger - Powerful P2P communication software compatible with almost all OS.
- MessengerLog 5 Pro - Automatically recording everything from MSN messenger,Suitable for parent controls and company to record custom supports which is provided via MSN messengers.
- PopMessenger - LAN-based instant messaging system allowing for immediate rich text message and files delivery over corporate network
- Yahoo Message Archive Decoder Pro - View other's conversation, SMS and private message, decode dat files to formatted HTML or text.
- Web Pictures Downloader - Web Pictures Downloader is the express version of Iphoto. It is for you to download pictures from your favorite web gallery.