Detailed Description of x264 Video Codec r1766
x264 Video Codec is x264 h264/avc encoder, x264 Video Codec is free H264 encoder, AVC encoder library for encoding H264/AVC video streams.
x264 Video Codec (x264 h264/avc encoder) is written from scratch by Laurent Aimar, Loren Merritt, Eric Petit (OS X), Min Chen (vfw/asm), Justin Clay (vfw), Mans Rullgard, Radek Czyz, Christian Heine (asm), Alex Izvorski, Alex Wright and Jason Garrett-Glaser.
x264 Video Codec (x264 h264/avc encoder) is released under the terms of the GNU GPL.
x264 Video Codec Encoder features
* 8x8 and 4x4 adaptive spatial transform
* Adaptive B-frame placement
* B-frames as references / arbitrary frame order
* CAVLC/CABAC entropy coding
* Custom quantization matrices
* Intra: all macroblock types (16x16, 8x8, 4x4, and PCM with all predictions)
* Inter P: all partitions (from 16x16 down to 4x4)
* Inter B: partitions from 16x16 down to 8x8 (including skip/direct)
* Interlacing (MBAFF)
* Multiple reference frames
* Ratecontrol: constant quantizer, constant quality, single or multipass ABR, optional VBV
* Scenecut detection
* Spatial and temporal direct mode in B-frames, adaptive mode selection
* Parallel encoding on multiple CPUs
* Predictive lossless mode
* Psy optimizations for detail retention (adaptive quantization, psy-RD, psy-trellis)
* Zones for arbitrarily adjusting bitrate distribution
x264 provides best-in-class performance, compression, and features. Performance-wise, x264 can encode 4 or more 1080p streams in realtime on a single consumer-level computer. Quality-wise, x264 has the world's most advanced psychovisual optimizations and has won many awards. Feature-wise, x264 supports features necessary for many different applications, such as television broadcast, Blu-ray, low-latency video applications, and web video. x264 forms the core of many web video services, such as Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo & Hulu.
x264 Video Codec is designed for:
WinXP,WinVista,WinVista x64,Win2000,Win98,WinServer,Linux,Linux Console,Linux Gnome,Linux GPL,