1st Desktop Guard 2.21
lets you prevent your desktop icons from getting rearranged, stop users from changing desktop wallpaper and screen saver, secure your public access computers, save, restore, manage and lock desktop layouts.
||Win 98/ME/NT 3.x/NT 4.x/2000/XP/2003/ Vista
||Free to try ($49)
||30 days trial
1st Desktop Guard lets you prevent your desktop icons from getting rearranged, stop users from changing desktop wallpaper and screen saver, secure your public access computers, save, restore, manage and lock desktop layouts. With personal computers becoming part of our lives and everyone in the household using them, it's hard to keep track of the icons that are located on the desktop. Many times, you might want to arrange them differently for different jobs. Moreover in case the computer is located in a shared environment like public library or university or internet cafe, a lot of people can use it and rearrange the icons or change the wallpaper. Many times icons get accidentally deleted and it is no longer possible to restore. To avoid this problem altogether, we created this software that will help you tidy up your personal desktop space. It will allow you to make your work faster and easier, with a few easy steps and will rid you of the hassles related to your desktop. You can save and restore all the desktop icon positions and if you or somebody else deletes an icon on the desktop, the program will restore it. If the desktop wallpaper has ever been changed, the program will restore it. The software can run in automatic mode, so that desktop is restored automatically. Multiple people can enjoy the comfort of their customized desktop settings without any problems. The program saves and restores not only the position of each icon on the desktop, but also the shortcuts themselves. Deleted icons will be restored from program's repository so no need to worry about lost or deleted icons anymore. You can assign different privileges to different users and protect the program with a password, so that only you could login and change, save, restore or delete any layouts. The program also saves the desktop image in its own repository thus eliminating the need to change it back after each person. This is especially useful for public places where you need to keep desktop layo.
- You can save and restore all the desktop icons positions.
- If you or somebody else deletes an icon on the desktop, the program will restore it.
- Password protect your configuration.
- Assign different privileges to different users.
- If the desktop wallpaper will change, the program will restore it.
- The software can run in automatic mode, so that desktop is restored automatically.
- Save and restore all the desktop icons - You can use the program to save and restore any number of desktop icons layouts at any time You can arrange the icons and desktop any way you want them and save the layout. This way multiple people can enjoy the comfort of their customized desktop settings without any problems.
- Restoring deleted icons - The program saves not only the position of each icon on the desktop, but also the shortcuts themselves. This way, if the icons is deleted, 1st Desktop Guard will restore it from it's own repository. There is no need to worry about lost or deleted icons any more.
- Password protect your configuration - You can protect the program with a password, so that only you can login and change, save, restore or delete any layouts.
- Assign different privileges to different users - You can specify different privileges to each of the user profiles you have on your Windows. You can control if the user has access to the program, can the user change security options, save or delete desktop layouts and allow the user access to tray icon. Each user can be fine-tuned subset of these options on this screen.
- Restoring desktop wallpaper - The program also saves the desktop image in it's own repository. Thus eliminating the need to change it back after each person. This is especially useful for public places that need to have a logo on their desktop or a disclaimer. Many public places could also use the desktop to place phone number and email of the support or helpdesk and periodically change it for different shifts.
- Automatic desktop restoration - You can assign a layout that will always be kept by default. No matter how the icons or wallpaper gets rearranged, they will be restored after each reboot automatically, eliminating the need to even run the program at all.
Tired to lose your desktop icons and get them rearranged? Tired to roll back your desktop wallpaper and screen saver after other users you share your PC with? Want to secure your public access computers? 1st Desktop Guard lets you save, restore, manage and lock desktop layouts including placement of desktop icons, wallpaper and screen saver.
[ Write a comment for this software ]
No user comments at present!
SonicFolder - a very easy-to-use add-on to the Windows Explorer which can help you open favorite folders quickly in Windows Explorer, Open/Save File Dialog or on the Desktop, etc.
Life Tools - Organize Files Folders Websites using Life Tools Custom Menu application. One click systray icon access to your customized menu. The best file organizing widget to eliminate excess icons in your systray.
AppendToFiles - Append data to the start or end of file names, folder names or file contents; Delete lines of text from inside files; Remove characters from folder names or from file names; filter files by date, size and pattern mask.
FoldMonkey - Monitor folder for new or incoming files; Rename file; Create directories based on file names and extensions, creation, last accessed and modified dates; Create folder or Move files to a new directory.
MaxMonkey - Help you maximize, minimize, close or restore multiple windows; detect applications that are hidden and still running but no longer in use; view hidden or stealth programs or viruses.
RenameFromList - Help you rename multiple files or create multiple folders; change extensions; filter files by size, date and pattern and sort by name, date or size.
All In One Computer Tools - Help you to remove sensitive data from your drive, encrypt files with TwoFish, protects your privacy by cleaning "Tracks", recover Web Password, automatically Shutdown, Reboot,or Log off the computer and so on.