Allow users to quickly perform chemistry labs, while emphasizing the critical principles and techniques of experimental chemistry.
|File Size:||2,463 KB
|License:||Free to try ($29.99)
||Requirements:||no special requirements
Model ChemLab originated from academic work in computer simulation and software design at McMaster University. Model ChemLab is a unique product incorporating both an interactive simulation and a lab notebook workspace with separate areas for theory, procedures and student observations. Commonly used lab equipment and procedures are used to simulate the steps involved in performing an experiment. Users step-through the actual lab procedure while interacting with animated equipment in a way that is similar to the real lab experience.
ChemLab comes with a range of pre-designed lab experiments for general chemistry at the high school and college level. Users can expand upon the original lab set using ChemLab's LabWizard development tools, thus allowing for curriculum specific lab simulation development by educators. These user designed simulations combine both text based instructions and the simulation into a single distributable file.
ChemLab has two editions: Model ChemLab Pro and Model ChemLab Standard. Model ChemLab Pro includes the Lab Wizard tool which enables instructors to run, edit, and create lab simulations while the Standard edition enables students only to run lab simulations.
- ChemLab Design:
- Easy to use lab interface modeled on common lab procedure
- Student lab notebook workspace area
- Real time animated interactive simulation engine
- Lab Wizard tools for easy user created lab simulations
- Support for plug-in lab simulations extensions
- Demonstration mode, allows user to capture and replay a simulation.
- Integration with RasMol molecular viewer
- Integrated Periodic Table application with quiz
- Available in English, Spanish and French
- Lab equipment:
- Beakers, Erlenmeyer and Florence flasks, test tubes, graduated cylinders, burets, eye dropper, pipets, watch glasses, filtering flask with buchner funnel, bunsen burner, hot plate / Magnetic stirrer, stirring rods, and others...
- Balances: centigram, electronic and high sensitivity balance
- Distillation equipment setup: distillation flask with heating mantel, distillation head, condenser and distillation take-off
- Common Lab Procedures:
- Titration, Decanting /pouring
- Heating and hot/cold water baths
- Temperature, weight, pH, conductivity, voltage and volume measurements
- Plot titration curves
- Large selection of pre-defined labs simulations:
- Acid/base reactions, bond lab, cations reactions, electrochemistry, equilibrium, flame lab, fractional crystallization, fractional distillation, gas laws, gravimetric analysis, kinetics, nuclear chemistry, redox reactions, stoichiometry and many more..
- Additional simulations developed by third parties
- Lab Wizards (Professional Edition):
- Allow users to create customized lab simulations
- Lab Wizard steps users through process of new lab creation
- Single distributable file
- Expandable chemical database allows users to add new chemicals to ChemLab
- Lab Demonstration Mode:
- Allows Professional users to capture lab simulations as they perform it and save in a demo file
- Add comments and other messages to demonstration file
- Single distributable demo file
- Playback demonstration files in both Professional and Standard editions of ChemLab
- Wide Range of Applications:
- Ideal for distance learning, demonstrations, lab run-throughs, pre-lab work, dangerous and environmentally hazardous, expensive, or lengthy labs.
You own the ChemLab as if you have a virtual laboratory on your home. You can experimentalize at any moment. ChemLab is easy to learn and use. Select a Lab Modules at first, then the experiment can start-up. According to the introduction, procedure and ovservations, you can finish the experiment easily and quickly, you also will learn many knowledges at the same time.
ChemLab provides Periodic Table and RasMol. For students, ChemLab Standard is enough, you can run lab simulations. For instructors, Model ChemLab Pro is a good tool, you can run, edit, and create lab simulations with the the Lab Wizard tool.
[ Write a comment for this software ]
No user comments at present!
- ALLTRANS - ALLTRANS can be used for an easy and convenient transformation between coordinates in different geodetic systems.
- Petri .NET Simulator - Petri .NET Simulator has been designed for modeling, analysis and simulation of flexible manufacturing systems, but can be used for other discrete event systems as well.
- JupSat Pro - Predict Great Red Spot transit times and times of Jupiter's satellite phenomena including shadow transits and satellite eclipse times.
- Flow Pro - Hydraulic design software for professional civil engineers.
- Pocket Stars PC - Pocket Stars PC is a high accuracy ephemeris, star finder, and celestial navigation tool for the desktop PCs, tablet PCs and notebook PCs.
- DreamCalc Scientific Calculator - Provide a fully featured and convenient alternative to using a separate hand-held calculator when you are working on your PC.
- DreamCalc Financial Graphing Calculator - Provide an extensive range of financial functions for the people who familiar with advanced financial calculators.
- Winning Science Fair Projects GOLD - With dozens of award-winning science fair project examples, lessons and other tools to help you prepare a winning science fair project.
- Universal Converter - Convert UK and US values to their Metric counterparts and conversely.
- LunarPhase Pro - LunarPhase Pro provides everything you need to know about lunar phenomena, and include interactive Moon Atlas.